I am so Grateful...
That I was able to attend Kamree's school patriotic program today.
I am so Grateful...
That they say the Pledge of Allegiance each day in school, because at some schools that is no longer done.
I am so Grateful...
That we live in a community that does not oppose the children singing Patriotic Songs that mention the word God or other religious phrases. Because at some schools that is no longer allowed.
I am so Grateful...
That My Daughter was up there singing the songs so beautifully, because they still have a music program at her school. Some schools no longer have music programs.
I am so Grateful...
That I was able to sit next to a nice hispanic family and that the grandpa had tears in his eyes during a couple of the songs. I am guessing he probably had to sacrifice so much to see his family enjoy and prosper in this great nation. He is probably even more grateful than I that his grandkids were up there waving the American Flag.
I am so Grateful...
That I live in a community where my kids can go to a school with different ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds and they can play peacefully with everyone in the school and know nearly every child's name and call them friends.
I am so Grateful...
To be a citizen of this great nation. May we all pray each day that these things will never be taken from us... Because, sadly, we are very close to having these kinds of Freedoms taken away. Please...Continue to pray to keep Religion as the foundation of this great country.
33 Top Adult Party Themes
1 month ago
2 comments:
Hey Melissa,
of course we remember you! what a cute family. dwane is jealous of the space, D.C. suburbs don't provide to much of that. I love blogging just for the fact to reconnect. when I saw your mom in one of the post, it brought back memories of canning tomatoes. This will be fun to keep in touch.
Megan
Melissa what a marvelous writing, it brought back a big flood of greatfuls for me to. The other night at 'Sunset by the Mississippi' we sing patriotic songs and wave the American Flag, & at the beginning we pledge alligence to the flag. What love we should have for our country, we should never forget these things. Thank you for your wake up call. Luv Mom/W
Post a Comment