Sunday, April 26, 2009

Work,Work,Work (a.k.a. tree farm)

When I say planting trees. I mean little Baby trees.

We did a crazy thing and planted a tree farm this past weekend. Yep, we are officially farmers now. It was super busy but it is kind of a fun process. We planted 1100 trees. We started at 5:00 on Friday afternoon (the minute the U.P.S. truck dropped them off) and finished planting at about noon on Saturday. Then we had to switch machines and started laying the tarp. This unfortunately took much longer and we only got about half done with the tarp. (looks like we've got our evenings cut out for us this week)


Klade hired a couple of boys from the Teachers Quorum to come help us. Kamree was the biggest help of all. She slept in until 8:30 on Saturday morning and looked out her window and saw that everyone was already out there working. She screamed "Oh No! I slept In! She was dressed and out the door in two minutes (wish I could get her to move that fast with housework) She worked ALL DAY until about 6:00.
Kelton even got involved for awhile. (Aubree spent most of the day in the house watching Barbie movies. )

1 comment:

Julie said...

Holy Cow! I'm pretty interested in this whole endeavor - write another post and give us more details. I want more, more, MORE!

We have noticed someone a few miles from us did the same thing and we were in awe of how many trees there are.

What is the long term plan? How are they harvested and such . . . (probably sounds like a dumb question) :)