Thursday, April 16, 2009

A less than feminine side of Aubree

The other night, I was putting Kelton to bed and then looked out the window where Klade, Kamree, and Aubree were working outside on the sprinkler system. I was having one of those "Mom Moments" when I was just enjoying the view. Klade and Kamree working together so well as a team splicing pipes etc. (Kamree loves to work outside with her Dad) I then noticed that Aubree was playing in the dirt and pushing the Tonka truck around. I thought how nice it was to see her doing something else besides the Princess thing. I went outside to check on things and she came running to me with a handful of worms in her hand and asked if we could take them inside and care for them so they could be part of the "Williams Family". She wanted to put them in a jar with carrots, sticks, etc. I convinced her that maybe they would be better on a paper towel and we could just show them to the preschool kids. (I had to draw the line with pet worms) I then asked her if she had fun playing in the dirt with the trucks. She said she was just taking all the princesses to their castles. The party was over and they needed a ride home. Oh well! I guess she was at least playing in the dirt. Even if it was a princess game.

No comments: