Thursday, April 16, 2009

I LOVE my new Birthday present

I have really been wanting a Bosch type mixer for a very long time. I have mentioned this gift idea to Klade many times, and he would always come back with "Will you really use it?" . Well after convincing him that I am the ONLY one in this whole Declo stake that doesn't make their own homemade bread, he finally got me one. I am loving it. It is actually the Blendtec brand which is a copycat of the Bosch but less expensive. I think it works GREAT! I have only had it for a week and a half and I have already made about 15 loaves of bread, breadsticks, cinnamon rolls, mashed potatoes, a couple of cakes, and many smoothies. (Yes Klade, I AM using it! You lucky husband) Everything has turned out great except the very first batch when I forgot to put in the salt. It looked great. Just didn't taste so good. Above is one of my batches of whole wheat bread. Yummy!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Your so talented Melissa! I am jealous. I need to live around you again in the hopes that all your great attributes will rub off on me. Hope things are well. Sorry I missed your b-day. I am getting really bad about remembering things. So even though it is 10 days late, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Love You! Lets try to catch up over the phone soon.

Julie said...

Hi Melissa! I finally sat down today and plugged in your address, I've been meaning to for some time. Thanks so much for sharing! Your bread story totally cracked me up. I thought I was the only one that didn't make homeade bread. When I left my job that was the first item of business on my bucket list. Woo hoo! I love it! You'll have to share your whole wheat recipe, none of mine look as pretty as those.

I'll be checking in on you, my blog is www.lifeoncenturydrive.blogspot.com send me your email address and I'll get you an invite. Thanks!!!!!

Julie said...

Your kids and home are beautiful! Congratulations on little #4 !