Well My friends... I have a confession to make. I love to read other people's blogs but sometimes I have to admit I get a little annoyed by them. Aren't we all a little guilty of using them to make our lives look so wonderful? Is it just me or does everyone seem to have the perfect life? Clean house, perfect looking kids? Just finished some beautiful quilt or craft? and I just hate it when I find out that so and so just got back from Hawaii for the 4TH time this year! What am I doing wrong? Well, I am here to let you know that it's not all fun and games around here. I thought I would post this picture of the highlight of my day. Before you look at the picture, let me explain.
-Kelton just loves to use the paper shredder.
-Klade just cleaned out his files and left a huge pile of papers for him to shred.
-I sent Aubree and Kelton upstairs after lunch, and told them to have fun shredding papers.
-I was sitting downstairs enjoying my nice peaceful lunch.
-I noticed a lot of giggles and laughter coming from upstairs and thought to myself, they sure are having some fun with that mundane task. I guess I will let them have their fun.
-pretty soon Aubree came downstairs with "confetti stuck to her sweater, all over her hair and even a piece in her nose.
-my heart sunk "OH NO!"
This is what I found after I followed the trail of confetti upstairs.

My Reaction:
Did I scream? YES
Did I stomp my feet, shake my fists and act like a 2 year old throwing a tantrum? Sure DID
Then....I took a couple of deep breaths went downstairs and got them some tools they could use to clean it up themselves.
Then...I thought about it for awhile and found a little humor in the whole situation, marveled at the fact that having them clean it up themselves kept them busy for a whole 2 hours...got the vacuum out, and finished up the rest of the mess for them.
... and that was my Day. I didn't get everything done that I had planned, but that's just life. And even on days like this, I still love my life even if I don't have a clean house, perfect kids, haven't made a beautiful craft in years, and haven't been to Hawaii EVER, I wouldn't trade it for anything.
8 comments:
oh melissa! i think everyone feels this way. my little sister and i have an inside joke about blogs. we almost always feel worse about ourselves after blogging! so lame!
and really, if you could only see the disaster my house is in. except it's not my house.
chin up girl! you are right - your life is great and being a mom is the best job - no matter how messy it can be!
maybe we'll see you guys Sunday at shanes??
Did I ever tell you the time when I found the kiddos sprinkled fertilizer (sprinkled is too dainty of a word but a 50 lb. bag that was dumped) all over a customer's newly painted kitchen set that was drying in our garage? Did I ever tell you the time when I left "just for a moment" and didn't put the lids on the 5 gallon buckets of flour. Yep. I had 4 buckets of FLOUR in my kitchen....or ON my kitchen floor. Have you ever tried to clean up flour--that's a buggar. But I agree. I'm longing for the day I can get a passport and actually use it.
OMIGOSH - that is so dang funny. About a year ago I voiced the same pet peeve on my blog. Blogs can be a bit self indulging for some people (myself included) My biggest fear is that I'm too big of a complainer. I have been known to delete posts after they've been published because my true feelings aren't necessarily a good read. ha ha.
For me, I should never blog while angry or tired. Then I'm safe.
Thanks for the laugh tonight.
At least you have a blog! I agree with you 100%.
See ya, Sunday
SSW
At least you have a blog! I agree with you 100%.
See ya, Sunday
SSW
I thought of doing a post about pushing all the clutter on the conunter to the side so I could take a "perfect" picture.
I'm so guilty of trying to make everything "look" perfect. But my favorite blog posts are the ones where we admit we're human.
And the fact that your kids lived to tell the tale, pretty much makes you super woman.
To my beautiful and VERY talented friend... You are my hero, what with your garden growing, tree farm raising, canning all your home grown veggies, baking, mother of 4 awesome and perfectly normal, well rounded and adjusted, darling children, home building/decorating skills etc, etc,etc.... You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. I still love ya (even if you haven't been to Hawaii teehee)
I am not laughing at you, just with you! If I were to blog about the stuff my kids did and my grandkids do i may be blogging into the eternities. One day you will have a grandchild do something like that and your child will call and start out something like "Mom you cannot believe the day I had , guess what ........did? " You will listen, then laugh and tell them that you have waited years for one of their kids to do to them what they did to you. You will talk and you will both laugh and the world will seem right again. It is great!
Post a Comment