Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Oh What do you do in the summertime?

I used to think the last couple weeks of August were all about winding down, getting things done, and getting ready for school. Not this year. I decided we were going to try and fit in as many fun things as we can before school starts. We had one last boat ride, one last lemonade stand, playing in the sprinklers, popsicles, and of course the county fair.

I don't have any pictures of the county fair, but I just have to tell you the story about Kamree winning the $10 at the rodeo. Every year the rodeo is the highlight of the fair. Probably because it is exactly the same rodeo that I grew up watching from the time I can remember. same clown. Same announcer. ( They aren't kidding when they joke around with each other about how old they are.) Anyway, at the Cassia county fair, they do a thing where they let all the kids in the arena (all 400+) . Then they let out 10 cows with a washer tied to their tales. The kids are supposed to try to get the washer off the cows tail and give it to the clown who then gives them money. Well, of all the 400 kids this year, our dear Kamree got one of the ten washers. That's how she won $10. It was so fun to see the proud look on her face. It's a good thing she won because the kids are supposed to be 10 and under and next year she will be too old.


Kamree and all her neighborhood friends had been wanting to do a lemonade stand all summer. We finally got it done on the last Friday before school started (the official last day of summer) even though the highs were only in the 60's that day, they managed to pull off a profit. (even if their main customers were their younger siblings). I had to take them to the stake center because our neighborhood doesn't exactly work for lemonade stands.
You can't have summer without running through the sprinklers

Playing in the pool,
Eating popsicles and blowing bubbles.

1 comment:

APeck said...

Better be paying tithing on that lemonade stand!