Thursday, June 17, 2010

Fun day at Lagoon


Kelton's personal favorite: The Train


Just moments before they got SOAKED!

We had a super fun day at Lagoon last week. The weather was great. (except for that 1/2 hour of rain and hail) It was not crowded. The kids had a great time. Thanks to my sister-in-law Janelle, we were able to leave Kolby with her and enjoy the day without worrying about a baby.
However, as many of you know, I get motion sickness VERY EASY. I decided to bribe Kamree into going on Colossus with me. She finally agreed and we had a great time but when I got off the ride, my stomach felt queasy. I pretty much felt queasy the rest of the day but suffered through it and still went on a few more rides with the kids. At the end of the day, I decided to go on "The Bat" with the girls. Now you must know that "The Bat" is not that crazy of a ride. It is located in Kiddieland. You only have to be 40" tall to ride on it. Aubree went on it two years ago when she was only 3. (You get the picture) Well, as the ride was coming to an end, I felt my stomach churning and it was all I could do to get off and run to the fence in time to prevent a really big mess. I avoided the big mess on the ride, but managed to make a huge mess all over me.
You can imagine the looks I got from all the teenagers laughing at the thirty something mom who can't handle "The Bat". You can just imagine Kamree running through kiddieland screaming to Klade, "Mom threw up. She needs wipies right now"
We called it a day after that. I learned my lesson. Even though I could handle "The Colossus" as a teenager, I am no longer a teenager. I must start acting my age and just be "The mom that pushes the kids in the stroller and watches all the fun happen from a distance.


3 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh boy. That is hilarious! Ivan and I were swinging at the park the other day and I just about couldn't handle that. haha Getting old stinks. Sounds like you had a fun time though!

T-Bird said...

Dude that made me laugh right out loud. It would only happen to you Melissa. Glad you had a good day (other then that minor moment.)

APeck said...

You forgot the cardinal rule of "ride attire." You must always tie a sweatshirt, etc. around your waist just in case you need it for the weather and that weak stomach. Never forget the cardinal rule!