Thursday, June 3, 2010

what a busy month

What a busy month. For some reason May has felt like a whirlwind. The following are a bunch of pictures from our various activities. No particular order. Enjoy!




Softball Games. Alot of them. 2 per week. Kamree is enjoying it so much this year. She is doing great. She plays pitcher, catcher, and 3rd base. She actually does a great job as catcher but she really hates that postion as she has many bruises to explain why. I also coached Aubree's t-ball team. That was a bit challenging trying to teach 5 year olds all of the concepts of baseball. I just felt good that they learned how to go around the bases the right way. I was so busy coaching I forgot to take any pictures.

Celebrating the 200 point club. Kamree set a goal at the beginning of the year to get 200 A.R. (accelerated Reader) points. She finished off the year with 215. The girl loves to read.

Field trip to Boise. Fun Day for her. This is something that all the 4th graders look forward to all year. They toured the capitol, and the Idaho History museum, (they were supposed to go to the penetentiary but ran out of time)

It was a long bus ride. 3+ hours each way.

Last day of School I decided on a whim to leave this on the table for her as her "After School Snack". It was rainy and cold that day. Nothing to look forward to for the last day of school so we had to celebrate with cake.
We also celebrated a Preschool graduate. Aubree is so excited to go to Kindergarten next year and ride the bus with Kamree that she didn't even care that preschool was all done. She had an awesome year. We did a "mom's group" preschool for the past 2 years where the mom's take turns being the teacher. We had a great year but I am excited to be taking a break from it next year.
On Memorial Day weekend, Kamree and I left Klade home with the kids and we went on a marathon shopping trip to Utah. We got up super early and were in Layton just as the stores were opening at 9:00. We went to Taipan, rodworks, Toys r us, Target, Met up with an old high school friend for lunch, went to Big 5, Gardner Village, stopped at the batting cages at Mulligans for a few rounds of batting practice, went to Ikea, then headed to the Mall for Macy's, Children's Place, and JCPenney. We then had to leave because it was 9:05 pm and they were closing. Kamree seriously had the time of her life. She said on the way home that this was the best day ever, and when can we do it again? All from a girl who used to HATE shopping.
Planting the Garden.


Kolby just loves to be outside. Nothing more fun than little boys playing in the dirt.

We finally finished our swingset. This is the final product. (Klade still has to trim off the posts) Take note of the hammock next to the baby swing. My favorite part.
This is how I found Aubree and Kelton just 2 minutes before I had to walk out the door to go visiting teaching. Do I make them change or just embarass them?
Kolby is now crawling all over the place. That in and of itself made it a busy month for me.

Aubree's dance recital. This girl was so excited to perform. No butterflies at all.


A little Ballet. She also performed tap, Jazz, and Hip Hop.


Her favorite part was getting a rose from Grandma and Grandpa Mills after the performance and then coming back to our house for ice cream.

Oh yes...and somewhere in there Klade went on 2 scout campouts, a Fathers and Sons with Kelton, He re-roofed a family's house in the ward that he goes home teaching to, put in a drip system for my flower beds, and finished numerous other little projects around the house.

And this is how we all feel now. .....

5 comments:

T-Bird said...

what a fun month! Aubree looks so cute in her dance costumes. cute cake for kamree (tell her she's glad she missed the pen we went there in school and it's scary!) Good to know that half your kids got the williams gene -- sleeping anywhere!

Emme said...

whew, made me tired just reading all that! What cute pictures. I love catching up on all you guys do. Leaving in the morning w Grandpa, Grandma, Jacklyn, Craig, Kesha, Devon and Lance for Nauvoo. So excited! Love Aunt ME

APeck said...

Your month sounded like ours. I found Koen asleep in the laundry basket one afternoon. For a second I was jealous that you didn't call me to go shopping with you...but then relapsed back to reality and realized that I know longer live in Utah.

T-Bird said...

Sounds like you had fun! Aubree looks so cute at her dance and it sounds like you had a ball with Kamree shopping (i was jealous). that pic of kelton cracks me up!

Amy said...

May IS always a go go go month at our house too!
We went to IKEA with the kids a few months ago and they said it was almost as great as Christmas. They ask when we can go back all the time!