Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Celebrating 15 Years together

So after 15 years of marriage we decided to celebrate. After using up the last of our skymiles, and finding a great deal through Costco travel, We ended up in Beautiful Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. It was so amazing. We loved every minute of it. Even the crazy driving we witnessed while being transported from resort to excursions. That was an adventure in and of itself. The resort was amazing, the beaches were awesome, the food was fabulous , the people were so friendly, and the memories we made were priceless. We were so grateful for this opportunity and for the grandparents that made it possible. Thank You. We owe you one. Maybe we can watch your kids for you sometime. HA HA

Warning: This post has a LOT of pictures. Sorry I had a hard time deciding. Klade kept making fun of me for taking so many pictures. I promise I won't post them all.





Snuba Experience. This was a lot scarier than I ever thought it would be. There is something about being completely submerged in water that kind of got to me. It didn't help that I was already seasick from the boat ride out. ( It was only about a mile from shore) Don't worry I didn't puke until AFTER the snuba experience. I wish so bad I didn't suffer from motion sickness. Otherwise, I might actually enjoy sea life experiences.





Can you tell that I am a little "freaked out" in this picture?



Finally, I get to come up for some real Air! What a relief.



At the resort




The Main lobby and one of like 10 bars.





The fruit was amazing. I am pretty sure I overdosed on Pineapple. They even had carmelized pineapple at every meal.


Smoothie bar



Teppanyaki Dinner. I think our chef was just a beginner. Not too impressive. He was Domincian. Not Japanese. The food was excellent though.











We took a dune buggy excursion that takes you out of the typical tourist zone and teaches you a little about the Typical Dominican lifestyle. We rode through the jungle and trough some pretty good mud puddles and got pretty dirty.



Typical Dominican school girls walking home from school.


Enjoying Snacks at a Typical Dominican Market


Enjoying fresh coconut straight from the tree and chopped open with a machete.


A typical dominican home. Actually this is a house, store, and coffee shop all in one. Out in the middle of nowhere.


try to ignore the "typical Dorky Goggles on my head" I kept forgetting to take them off for pictures. So all my pictures of this day are Typically dorky looking.




Typical Cock fighting Ring


Typical dominican back yard


Typical outdoor Dominican kitchen


Typical tourists in front of a typical farm shed


Klade trying to look like a typical Dominican. Sorry Klade but you are way to fair skinned to blend in. It is so funny because everywhere you go people are just sitting on chairs outside the markets doing nothing or playing checkers.


Just a couple of dirty tourists after a typical day in the D.R.







2 comments:

Mandy said...

BEAUTIFUL! It looks like you guys had a great time. Melissa, you are so funny. I was literally laughing outloud as I read this post. :)

Holly said...

I am so happy you got to enjoy a great vacation!! (I love your hair cut by the way!)